As medical care becomes more specialized and increasingly dependent upon technology, care for hospitalized patients is changing dramatically. Patients admitted to hospitals have increasingly complex medical issues that demand greater physician presence and expertise. Exigence offers responsive, innovative solutions for inpatient care that add value to hospitals, primary care physicians and patients.
Our Hospitalist Division has steadily grown to meet the needs of our hospital partners. We provide customized solutions including 24/7 Rapid Response programs and hospital-based services including:
- Medical management of neurosurgical and orthopedic patients
- Medical Rehabilitation Unit (MRU)
- Sub-acute and skilled nursing
- Observation Unit
- Medical Intensive Care and Step-down Unit (MICU)
- Palliative care
We develop programs to achieve the targeted outcomes of each partner, for example:
- Improving practice integration
- Improving the patient (and family) hospital experience and satisfaction
- Increasing access to hospital services by reducing patient waiting, length of stay, and transfer times
- Streamlining admission and discharge processes and effectively monitoring and reporting on patient flow status and performance
- Improving patient safety, quality outcomes and consistency of care through national healthcare quality improvement initiatives
- Increasing compliance with Core Measures
- Decreasing readmission rates
- Reducing mortality
- Reducing claims denials
Hospital administrators have daily, face-to-face contact with our medical directors and practice managers allowing open dialogue and continuous performance improvement for all in-patient services.
- Physician and mid-level recruitment, credentialing and retention
- Physician and physician assistant incentive programs
- Implementation of governance and management structure
- Payer negotiations and contracting
- Claims and coding audits
- Legal and accounting services
- Coding, billing and accounts receivable recovery analysis and management reporting (clinical, operational and financial)
- Chart management and claims production, coding and claims submission
- Professional liability insurance
- Benefit management (insurance programs and pension funds)
Exigence Hospitalist uses a team approach. We have site specific team meetings on a regular basis; in addition to division meetings that encompass the entire Exigence Hospitalist team.
Our Medical Directors are superbly trained clinicians who possess excellent managerial, communication and leadership skills. The Medical Director's primary role is to provide medical and administrative leadership for the Hospitalist program. Each site has a dedicated onsite Office Manager as well as Practice Manager to act as the administrative liaison between Exigence and the hospital. Our Director of Mid level Providers specifically oversees all physician assistants and nurse practitioners practicing in the Hospitalist division.
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) and other experts have called for a patient centered health care system that is designed around patients' preferences, needs, and values. Exigence is recognized as a leader in promoting patient and family centered care.
With the demands of an office-based practice, Primary Care Physicians are often unable to visit their hospitalized patients more than once a day or to coordinate complex care. With strong pressure to decrease inpatient length of stay, coupled with the increasing severity of illness required to justify admission, Hospitalists are able to provide continual on-site availability.
Exigence Hospitalists become conduits for communication between the patient, their Primary Care Physician, and all others involved. The result: improved patient satisfaction, decreased length of stay, improved quality measures and a vastly improved the hospital-PCP relationship.
Exigence has a time-honored practice of referring patients back to their physicians and we will not interfere with any established referral patterns. We will, however, assist our hospital partners with establishing additional physician relationships by marketing our programs to members of the physician community who do not presently use our facilities.
It is imperative that patients have an experience that exceeds their expectations. We succeed in:
- Providing the highest quality care
- Earning the trust and confidence of the patient and their family
- Providing care founded on evidence-based medicine and strict adherence to CMS Core Measures
- Communicating effectively throughout the evaluation, treatment and admission and discharge processes