Exigence knows emergency medicine—we’re experts at using a data-driven process to evaluate, design, staff and manage Emergency Departments (ED) to achieve superior patient satisfaction and financial return. We also know that Core Measure compliance is a critical concern for hospital administrators. Exigence is committed to the mutual development of objective, measurable performance and quality benchmarks that are aligned with provider incentives.
For about 90 percent of all patients, the ED is the “front door” to your hospital. To make your front door welcoming, safe and profitable, Exigence:
- Recruits and retains providers who have excellent clinical, communication and leadership skills
- Creates an environment of effective leadership, accountability and empowerment
- Employs a data-driven process to improve all facets of the Emergency Department
Led by physicians, the Exigence team has a vested interest in providing excellent emergency medical care. Our hospital partners are not footnotes in a report or dots on a map—our entire leadership team is dedicated to creating and implementing a customized program to achieve your goals.
Based on your unique set of challenges, Exigence clearly outlines issues, goals, benchmarks, timelines, roles and responsibilities.
Our approach includes:
- Invested leadership: Exigence Medical Directors are stakeholders; each hospital has a dedicated practice manager; hospital administrators have direct access to Exigence senior officials
- Customization: Focus on your “Top Ten” ED concerns and create a detailed action plan to address and correct these concerns
- Evaluation: Assessment of the existing provider team; establishment of expectations and plans of improvement or replacement
- Development: Declaring an objective, measurable performance standards and quality benchmarks that are aligned with provider incentives
Exigence is committed to raising the standards of patient safety, thereby reducing risk factors that lead to malpractice claims. Exigence takes a data-driven, comprehensive approach to risk management—we capture data, analyze and create programs to address your unique needs. We work with your team to address:
- Quality indicators
- High-risk area audits
- Patient satisfaction
- Staffing, orientation, continuous improvement
- Clinical systems