Patient Service Representative- Full Time
Position Summary: The Patient Services Representative provides direct assistance to patients by verifying demographics and personal patient information for all patients who present for treatment. They will also provide assistance to all vendors, job applicants and other visitors in the Reception area of the Immediate Care office.
- Verifies patient demographics, current insurance, and obtains patient consent to treat to ensure accurate billing. Assists patients with various forms, and obtains insurance waiver signatures as necessary.
- Performs a variety of duties involved in greeting and directing patients, their families, vendors, pharmaceutical representatives, and other business associates. Provides information to patients and their families on such matters as services, charges and routine treatment procedures.
- Answers telephone, takes messages, transfers calls and provides information to other Immediate Care departments upon request. Problem solves and utilizes resources to obtain patient information when patient is unable to communicate, seeking assistance as needed.
- Accepts packages and deliveries from outside and inside sources, directing and distributing or sorting as needed.
- Assists in compilation of data for regular and special reports as requested by Practice Administrator or other personnel.
- Assists other departments as needed, including Occupational Health.
- Presents patient with information regarding Immediate Care HIPAA policy and obtains patient’s signature acknowledging their receipt of the HIPAA information.
- Represents Immediate Care by displaying a respectful and caring manner with patients and their families.
- Demonstrates the ability to accept responsibility for appropriate conduct within the office setting and with other department associates by interacting calmly, respectfully and in a friendly manner with other representatives of services at Immediate Care.
- Functions as a member of the health care team related to patient care by interaction and cooperation with physicians and other health care professionals. Routes patient records and specimens to assigned locations as needed, orders patient record details as needed. Refers patients to proper clinical resources for health care questions and to proper personnel for Immediate Care policies.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of office supplies.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patient information.
- Completes clerical duties in a time efficient manner as set forth by the Team Leader. Reports errors or problems so that appropriate action may be taken for patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job requirement.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-year experience in medical reception and/or customer service.
- Prior experience with Healthy Net preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to make decisions, detail oriented and handle multiple tasks that affect service.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, various insurances and insurance and procedure codes.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Willing and able to work infrequent overtime as required to meet operational needs and perform all duties.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment including multi-line phone, computer, copier, calculator and fax machines.
- Ability to address and resolve conflict in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills to conduct interactions with patient population and referring physicians.
- Ability and willingness to travel between offices as needed to meet operational needs.
- Busy working environment, typical of most large medical office settings.
- Frequently required to stand, stoop, kneel and stretch.
- Minimal physical effort requires some lifting of records and x-ray films, usually not in excess of 15 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SEND INQUIRES TO:
Kimberly Kirsch, HR Rep, at Kimberly_Kirsch@teamhealth.com